Last Sunday, a fire erupted at a bus stand in Islamabad’s I-10/1, burning four Natco buses. The incident has resulted in losses worth millions of rupees to the G-B government.
“The chief secretary has taken note of it and ordered a swift enquiry,” Farooq Ahmed, Deputy Director Information in Gilgit, told The Express Tribune. Whoever is responsible for the incident will be taken to task, he added.
According to Ahmed, excise and taxation department’s secretary Syed Akhtar Rizvi has been appointed to head the enquiry with a view to promptly complete investigations and fix responsibility.
After last week’s incident, Raja visited Natco’s management units in Islamabad and was displeased by the level of inefficiency and mismanagement.
He urged the staff to put the house in order without further delay.
“The chief secretary has ordered Natco officials to sell buses which are no longer in use and make the bus terminals safer and functional for passengers,” Ahmed said.
Natco is a government transport company. It operates from G-B to Karachi, Gwadar and China.
A vehicle overturned on the Karakoram Highway, killing at least one of a family and injuring seven others.
The family was returning to Gilgit after a picnic in Hunza when the driver lost control of the car due to overspeeding near Hunza-Nagar district on Friday night.
The injured were admitted to City hospital Kashrote where one of the injured is in critical condition.